Saturday, June 6, 2009

THE NURSERY is done!

I am so excited, after may weeks (and a few months) the nursery is done. It is so cute. Ben did an amazing job with the painting of the walls and moldings. This was very challenging considering there were about 100 layers of paint including some lead paint :( But, its done and he did a great job. I also got to dust off my sewing machine and make curtains, tie backs, changing table cover and other little odds and ends. My girls each made hand print heart paintings for the baby's room. Believe it or not but this is the first actual nursery we have put together for one of our girls. Apartment living did not create much space for a nursery, but now that we have our own house we are able to create a one. We are so excited about it. Due to room layout and room size, there is no good way to get a picture that captures the whole room. So, here are many pictures of all the little odds and ends in the room. Enjoy!



View from the hallway


The changing pad cover I made
My first curtains and tie backs!
closeup of the tie back bow. I love the fancy button.
I love the little hands
more adorable little hands.


Rug that we splurged on.

3 comments:

Beth said...

Ooh, Lisa, I LOVE it! So very cute! You did a fantastic job on all the little details. Adorable. I can't wait to be done with ours so I can post pictures - ugh. It has been a 'work in progress' for a long time! :)

Elissa said...

you should have TOLD me that you were doing this, girl! fun. i'll be back....

Elissa said...

btw, the room is very cute! yea for no more apartment! i think pink and brown must be the thing right now......