Thursday, April 9, 2009

Easter Shells


Last night I decided that it would be fun to have a little family time and do a project together. I was recently reading an old Martha Stewart Kids that I had from a few years ago. In the magazine it had pictures of kids making Easter candy. So, there was my great project idea. We would make Easter candy! I purchased white, milk and colored chocolate and clean paint brushes so the girls could paint the Easter chocolate molds all different colors. All I needed was the Easter egg/ bunny molds. I looked high and low for the elusive molds. I went to many different stores just to find that I was to late. I just assumed that I would be able to find them. So..... What do you do when all the stores are out of Easter molds? You make Easter Shells! Yep, shells like you find on the beach. The interesting thing was trying to convince my girls that shells are somehow Easter related. Over all we had a great time making Easter shells. The only thing I wonder is: should Easter shells become a tradition or should I go out next year (a bit earlier) and purchase Easter egg molds?

No comments: